Monday, August 13, 2007

2.0 merges with old cookbooks

My library is inviting all staff to learn about 2.0 technologies. (and we get free MP3 players - yeah!) Thanks to YALSA and various trainings I've done in the area, I have had the joy of trying out lots of this new stuff anyway, like pod and vodcasting. Perhaps I should make some cooking vodcasts - of what not to do! (like perhaps that shrimp smoothie - can you imagine the straw that thing would need?) I think the upcoming election will introduce lots of new folks to pod and vodcasting as we learn all we can in what may be the tightest primaries ever, in my opinion.

I have to say my favorite blogs are author or book ones or cooking ones, and I've mentioned several here, including a few new finds like Julia Buckley (great mystery author interviews), Cookie Madness - from the winner of the last Pillsbury BakeOff. We had to read articles about blogs and libraries and how we can use them. Honestly, the author blogs are the best thing for all those authors who can't WAIT for the next book from their favorites. This is how I sustain myself between Meg Cabot's 6 books a year and other folks. I don't know that crafts always translate well into 2.0. I've seen some strange quilting vodcasts and live 'internet channels', but perhaps that hobby is just as weird on TV also. I have dreams of course of my own Vintage Cooking Adventures on the Food Channel, or Bobby Flay coming to my house for a Throwdown...

Hey - I have a stumper for all my librarian friends. I once read a Ginny or Jenny, Library Clerk or Library Aide book from the 1950s at most. It was a bad fiction career title like the Cherry Ames, though there was no mystery, and not much of a plot. It was the funniest thing ever. Can anyone find this one? My coworker and I have spent way too much time on this tonight, and although I found another series I want to read now "Ginny Gordon", I can't find the title I read.

There may be a prize involved...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Nice blog. I have vintage cookbooks, but just call them "old". Funny. I want to read all of this, so have made myself a note to go back.