Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chocolity Poppers


This recipe is also from the Pillsbury Bake Off Cookie book that the heavenly chocolate peanut butter brownie recipe came from a couple days ago, but I wasn't inspired to try this one. I don't know what is weirder - the name or the ingredients...
Chocolity Poppers
1/2 cup butter
1 package mini marshmallows
2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup pillsbury flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup salted peanuts
(So far so good, right? Wait for it...)
6 cups popcorn
In 2 quart saucepan combine butter, marshmallows and chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well blended. Remove from heat. Gradually add flour and salt, mixing well. Stir in vanilla and peanuts. Pour over popcorn, mixing well (oh boy?). Press into well-greased 13X9 pan.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Cool; cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
This sounds a bit funky. There is actually a recipe in this book that calls for a container's worth of baby food prunes. Sadly,I have some of these in my home for the baby, but I will not use them in a recipe - for anyone I like, that is.
I'm reading teen mysteries like crazy still. Also I snuck a peak at Stephanie Laurens' new Cynster novel and returned it unfinished. I like some romance and steam as much as the next girl, but there actually needs to be a plot to hold my interest. Many of my favorite NYT romance folks have been disappointing lately. New authors, step up! What are you reading that is great?

No comments: