Tuesday, May 19, 2009

133 Quicker Ways to Homeade


That is actually the title of a great pamphlet cookbook a friend bought for me over the weekend. The full title is "133 Quicker ways to homemade...with Bisquick." It's from 1959, and had this gem of a suggestion for it's nut bread recipe:
Bake them in cans! Divide batter between 3 well greased no. 2 cans or 5 well greased soup cans, filling cans slightly more than half full. Bake uncovered no. 2 cans 45 - 50 min in mod. oven (350) until toothpick stuck into center comes out clean.
Cool thoroughly before slicing. Use thin sharp knife to prevent crumbling. Apparently it lasts a week if wrapped tightly. Yummy - dry bread shaped like a can.
I'm actually tempted to try this.
I spent the day with a son with stomach flu. Luckily most symptoms played out last night - after I got home from work after 10 p.m. I'm now bored with the finals of DWTS so I had to blog about this.
I'm bored because they are milking this for every last minute. There have been more minutes in commercials than in show so far...

No comments: