Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blueberry Grunt

I've heard of Blueberry Buckle. I had a taste for this, so I pulled up a recipe from my favorite Southern Heritage set, the Just Desserts volume. The squares above are the Buckle, but next to them on the plate is Blueberry Grunt. Nothing about the word Grunt says appetizing, but it sure sounds good!

Blueberry Grunt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
4 cups fresh blueberries
Sweetened whipped cream

Preheat oven to 375. Place butter in an 8-inch square baking dish; place dish in oven just until butter melts. Remove from oven, and cool 10 minutes.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl; add milk, and mix well. Pour batter into prepared baking dish; sprinkle blueberries over batter. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon dessert into individual serving dishes; serve warm with whipped cream. Yield - 8 servings.

Yum. So why call this Grunt? Does anyone know?

We sold our house in 5 days, pending the inspection. Last night we put in a bid on another. Tomorrow we leave for vacation at our Happiest Place On Earth. I have some great guest bloggers coming, though, folks, so enjoy. Especially tune in on Tuesday, 6/16 for Joanna Campbell Slan, award nominated mystery writer and nationally known scrapbooking expert. I am packing Joanna's latest on my trip! (I always pack the books first.)

No comments: