Thursday, June 04, 2009

Glazed Week


This is still from the Practically Cookless Cookbook, but only part of the picture is identified. The top is "Skillet Corned Beef Dinner" that looks suspiciously like Spam. Is lists 'Canned Corned Beef' - but what is that?
But WHAT is underneath in the little dishes? Yes, it looks like fruit cocktail with ground meat on top. No explanation. I see cherries, pear, possibly oranges. It's a little too science fiction for me.
This week went by in a glaze of illness as I reported. I still am under the weather, but went into work today to get ready for the many fun summer programs that begin next week.
Here's a funny Glazed recipe, also from this volume:
2 cans luncheon meat
6 teaspoons red-currant jelly
1. Cut meat into lengthwise slices.
2. Spread top of each slice with 1/2 teaspoon jelly.
3. Broil, 3 inches from heat, 3-4 minutes, or until bubbly and browned.
Wow. What's worse - the pictured item or that? Close Call...
I'm moderating a panel for Printer's Row in Chicago this weekend called the Young and the Restless. I have four great YA authors on that panel, so I will be making them do 98% of the talking. I will also be signing the Missing anthology at the Echelon Press booth. This looks to be a fun event. I wonder how many books I'll buy - I mean, sell this weekend? There is a cookbook/food author stage...

No comments: