Sunday, October 04, 2009

Apple Pizzas from Josh



These were made by my six year old. He said I should write about them, so here I am. Josh's first grade class made these last week, and sent home the recipe. What amazed me is that other than cutting up the apples, Josh did everything. He has always enjoyed baking with me, and now wants to do more on his own.

I couldn't find the camera this morning without waking everyone up, so I took this shot with the cell phone and emailed it to myself - first time ever! Wow - I'm a technological genius...

Apple Pizzas

1 can buttermilk biscuits

apples - peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (I didn't peel them)

pat of butter or margarine

mixture - cinnamon, brown sugar, dash of nutmeg

shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

On greased cookie sheet, press biscuits flat. Add 4-6 pieces of apple. Add 1 pat of butter. Sprinkle mixture on top. Add cheese if you choose. Bake at 374 for 10 minutes.

Josh said now everyone can make their own since I've written about it. Happy Sunday all!

2 comments:

Patticakes said...

Happy Sunday Josh...gonna try and make this.

cmarlowe said...

Great job Josh!