Saturday, November 28, 2009

Melting Dreams


This is from the Southern Heritage Company's Coming volume, in a menu for Morning Call. That menu includes several lovely little sandwiches and cookies and - the dreaded Ribbon Sandwich Loaf! Ahhh! That version includes avocado and pimiento and will not be featured here!
But I liked the name and recipe for Melting Dreams. I was thinking more about my past year how new projects and directions have emerged - melting previous dreams into new bigger ones I wouldn't have imagined. But that's enough thinking. On to eating...
Melting Dreams
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch (Yep, that's rare, but likely yummy)
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Combine flour, cornstarch and sugar in a medium mixing bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten balls with a fork in a crisscross pattern. Bake at 300 F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield 3 dozen.
I got one hat done yesterday for charity. That brings me to two.

No comments: