Monday, November 16, 2009

Turkey-Time Supper


Turkey-Time Supper is the name of yet another menu from this same cookbook! Who knows when you'd be supposed to make all these, but this menu seems like a leftover one:
Turkey Open-Face Sandwiches
Relish Tray
Pumpkin Pie
Now what is that on the pie, you ask? Grapefruit slices. 1. Yuck - who would combine those flavors? 2. Can it sit out like that and be attractive?
Here's the Sandwiches, though. I like this recipe, though it is of course totally unhealthy - except perhaps for the turkey and cranberries.
Turkey Open-Face Sandwich
2 cups diced turkey
1/2 cup salad dressing
1/2 cup grated cheese
4 tablespoons cooked cranberries
4 whole toasted buns, buttered
Mix turkey, salad dressing and cheese well. Put 1 - 2 tablespoons cranberries on bun. Spread with turkey mixture. Cook in broiler 4 - 5 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
My talk at Villa Park was so much fun. Judy the librarian who runs the adult programming, is just lovely and had a nice crowd and easy setup for me. She and her husband Bill helped with everything. I got so many good stories from that group, too. I stayed chatting with them for quite a while and wrote down many recipes and stories to look up and add to future talks. My voice was totally gone when I returned home, but it was well worth it!

No comments: