Last night our power went out when I was trying to type in this recipe. My husband said it was the recipe, but I don't know...
This is also from the 1950 500 Tasty Snacks from my friend author Catherine Stier. The caption says: "Almost anything you like can be rolled in bacon, oven or pan-broiled and served on picks." Er, ok - clearly I've been going to the wrong parties. But wait for their suggestions.
1. 8 strips bacon, slathered with 4 tablespoons peanut butter, rolled and pierced with toothpick. Then broiled until crisp.
2. Bacon spread with grated cheese and 1/4 tsp. chutney or India relish. Rolled and broiled.
3. 1/2 inch Cheddar rolled in bacon. Rolled and broiled.
4. Anchovies rolled in bacon. R and b.
5. Wrap shrimp in bacon. R and b.
6. Stuffed halved olives, put together with cheese spread, wrapped in bacon, R and b.
7. My favorite: Large cooked prunes stuffed with American cheese - wrapped in bacon, then R and b.
Wow. I hope they had a lot of alcohol at that party! Just when I think I've found the worse recipe in here.