Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lucious Lowney's Desserts

These are scans of some plates from the Lowney's Cook Book reprint from Pelican Publishing Co. I love the square Chocolate Mousse. I'm not sure what that is on top of the Cocoa Ice Cream, but it looks so cute!   But the Chocolate Trifle in the lower photo really caught my eye. (Yes, I know these are all chocolate. I like what I like - what can I say? Lowney's was a chocolate company after all!)

There is a whole section on sample menus. Here's a sample menu for Tuesdays:
Breakfast:  Bananas, Cream of Wheat, Broiled Halibut, French Fried Potatoes, Corn Cake, Coffee or Cocoa
Luncheon:  Pea Soup, Omelet with Spanish Sauce, Graham Bread, Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream, Sponge Drops
Dinner: Vegetable Soup, Roast Lamb, Roast White Potatoes, Scalloped Onions, Currant Jelly, Apple Salad, Squash Pie, Coffee

I've had holiday meals less elaborate than that Dinner! But some of those things sound so good. Apple Salad, Sponge Drops, Graham Bread. Yummm...
Wednesday's menu starts breakfast with Stewed Prunes.

I did a three hour presentation last night at Dominican University, where I got my MLIS 14 years ago. It was for the Public Libraries class. Dr. Bill Crowley invites me to do this annually, and it is a lot of fun. The group had great comments and questions. I definitely slept well last night, but it was so worth it to do that talk!

No comments: