Saturday, September 25, 2010

Emoting Over Fall Flavors


This photo is from Betty Crocker’s Cooking Calendar, 1962. Squash with Sausage, from a September menu.


“It’s summer-into-autumn now, with warm days and cool nights and that first golden glow that makes autumn weather so beautiful. It’s probably the way the thermometer bobs up and down that gives us that feeling of ‘wild exhilaration.” After Labor Day has come and gone and the children are safely back in school, I always have the urge to do something new – make new friends, join a discussion group, or emote with the local little theater group.”

Perhaps we can emote over some delicious fall flavors

Squash with Sausage

Cut acorn squash in halves. Heat oven to 375. Place squash cut-side-down in shallow pan. Bake 20 – 30 min. Turn up; brush with butter; season with salt and pepper. Fill with broken-up bulk sausage. Bake 20 – 30 min. or until squash is tender and sausage brown. Pour off fat before serving.

Today I have my first Fall Flavors show at the Crest Hill Branch Library. I being the show with this recipe and quote. I did the Cakes show at Addison PL a couple nights ago and enjoyed it very much. I got my start at that library and while it is even in a new building now, the same wonderful patrons and spirit are still very much present.

No comments: