Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Bachelor Buttons

I really enjoyed going to the Glenside Public Library District last night. What a fun crowd with lots of great food stories. Several mentioned their love of coconut, so when I saw this recipe this morning I knew I had to post it.

I'm still home with the sick boys today, though one is definitely much better.

Bachelor Buttons, still from the Southern Living Cookies and Candy Book. This recipe is from 'Mrs. Robert L. Dayberry, Lawndale, NC'

1 c. butter
1 c. (packed) light brown sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp. salt
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 ch. chopped nuts
1 c. flaked coconut
Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl.  Add the egg and mix well.  Add remaining ingredients and mix.  Roll into 1-inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.  Press centers in with finger.  Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes.  5 dozen.

No comments: