Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Handwritten Recipe Wednesday: Pecan Bread

I hope you all enjoyed Mardi Gras yesterday. I served a delicious King Cake along with other treats last night at a Vintage Spring Holidays Show. I also had part of an apricot filled doughnut Monday. That was fabulous. Did you eat something special? This recipe reminded me of New Orleans with the Pecans.  It's from one of the boxes of handwritten recipes I've purchased from an antiques mall.

Pecan Bread (Tribune) (Could be old recipe Chicago Tribune)
Sift 2 c. sifted flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Stir in 1/2 c. brown sugar
Beat 1 egg well and add 1 cup milk
Add dry ingred. to milk
mix only till just moist
Add 1/4 C melted butter
1 C. chopped pecans  350F 1 hour
grease & lightly flour 9-5-3 loaf pan

Love the pan measurements. This does sound fabulous, though.

Tonight I'm packing up the Jello and Jello pudding for a show at the Fremont Public Library District in Mundelein. I've been there a few times, and always enjoy the crowd. They have a large registration - lots of people love Jello, apparently! Do you?

2 comments:

Blackberry said...

That old handwriting is sometimes hard to decipher, it actually reads, '1/2 tsp salt'.

Amy said...

Thanks! I was typing this in a tired hurry. I fixed it. Yes, that would definitely be bad if folks made my original 3 tsp. of salt.