Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Handwritten Recipe Wednesday: Soda Cracker Pie

I had a wonderful time at the Park Ridge PL last night talking about Cakes. That fun crowd had lots of family stories which I always enjoy.

Lots of people know a version of this one as Mock Apple Pie. I could never understand why anyone would want to do a fake apple pie but I understand this is delicious. I do love strawberries so I thought this version would be good. Has anyone else made this one or the Mock Apple version?

Soda Cracker Pie
3 egg whites
1 C sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
14 soda crackers
1/2 tsp. B. Powder
1/2 C. Ground nuts
whip cream
strawberries

Beat egg whites - add sugar gradually as for meringue.  Fold in Van, Crushed Crackers, Baking Pwd. & ground nuts. Put in well greased 9" pie tin.  Bake 350 min - 350F. 

On the back of the card it says:  Frost with whip cream & strawberries on top.

No comments: