Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Train Pan and Fab Corn Bread


My friend Carol who I know through YALSA sent this pan to my son for Christmas along with other surprises. She knows we like to bake together. We made our favorite Chocolate Chip muffins today from Linda Williams cookbook "The Muffin Lady" and they turned out PERFECTLY in this great pan from Williams Sonoma. I had just sprayed them with Pam, and they popped out onto a plate, with all details perfect. I recommend this for anyone with little kids or for people who like trains.
I am getting ready for a conference, so am posting my friend Kim's Jalapeno Cornbread she makes for Kwanzaa each year. Her family goes nuts for this one!
Kim's Jalapeño Cornbread

2 pkgs. "JIFFY" Corn Muffin Mix
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (or regular milk)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can of creamed corn
5 medium jalapeño peppers (sliced)
1 small red pepper, diced
4 Tbsp. butter, diced
1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400°. Grease or spray a 13" x 9" baking pan and preheat in oven.
In a large bowl mix well, eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, creamed corn and 1 cup of cheese.
Add corn muffin, and sliced peppers. Mix until moist.
Pour mixture into heated baking pan
Top with remaining shredded cheese and sliced peppers (optional)
Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
I just read a slew of teen books to get ready for the Printz announcement next Monday, including Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. This was fun with depth, and great music and New York references. It also had burlesque nuns - what more could you want in a book?

No comments: