Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Heat of the Moment

While being busy is no real excuse for not blogging I've had a pretty exciting past few weeks. Before turkey day I was busy getting a story done for the pictured anthology in my profile, The Heat of the Moment. I am so proud to be included in this one, which benefits the victims of California wildfires. Proceeds from the sale of this book will offer aid to those heroes through the support of the "Fire Safe Council of San Diego County." The book was the brainstorm of Echelon Press President and my friend Karen Syed, a lovely dynamo I met at the Love is Murder mystery conference a couple years ago. I bought fancy pens today for MY FIRST SIGNING! It will be on 12/22 at Centuries and Sleuths, a fabulous bookstore in Forest Park, IL. Please email me if you are interested in attending. Signing anything there at that store is my dream. Having my first adult mystery short story be published for a good cause is better than any writing dream I had. If you haven't finished your holiday shopping yet, I want to suggest this anthology as there are lots of great authors in there, mystery and romance. It's a new way to find some new voices to enjoy, and it benefits folks who need help!


Right after turkey day, I spent a fabulous week in Walt Disney World, celebrating my 36th birthday in style with Mickey and friends. More on that to come. Five pounds later, and I don't mean my luggage, we return home only to have our son come down with a virulent stomach flu for 7 days. I'd never been to our local ER before, but it was nice that we were able to watch the movie Cars while he was hydrated on day 6. Also, they had a gift shop with Webkinz, so Josh left a lot happier - and healthier.


Now it's back to holiday preparations and that means baking.

This is from Merry Eating, a 1981 McCalls pamphlet series cookbook. Yes, that picture really is outside. Now, I have neighborhood cats who travel on my steps, so I won't be photographing any of my holiday treats.
One thing pictured, and your guess is as good as mine, is Chocolate-Eggnog Pudding:
3/4 cup milk
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
1 1/4 cups dairy eggnog
1/2 heavy cream, whipped
Chocolate sprinkles
1. Stir milk into pudding in small bowl; then beat with rotary beater until blended.
2. Slowly add eggnog, beating until very smooth - about 1 minute.
3. Pour into 4 sherbet glasses; refrigerate until serving time. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Makes 4 servings.

No comments: