Sunday, January 27, 2008

Baking Cars


A friend sent my son a muffin pan of cars for Christmas last year, and they turned out beautifully.
Because after my clean out I now can't find anything, I couldn't find my favorite Muffin Lady cookbook. I used instead my next favorite: 500 Best Muffin Recipes by Esther Brody. This is one of my few modern cookbooks and I really like any cookbook she's done. Her one on cobblers is also pretty great. I had frozen blueberries left from the summer, so I made 'Blueberry Pancake Muffins'. These were so easy!
2 cups pancake mix (I gather you are supposed to use blueberry pancake mix, but I didn't have any, so I added a cup of blueberries to the recipe with plain pancake mix. It may not have been a full cup as my son ate some. Ok so did I.)
1/2 granulated sugar or packed brown sugar. I think I used white sugar.
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Mix dry then wet ingredients,then blend, stirring just until moistened, or until your four year old is done.
Bake into 400F ofen for 20 minutes.
They made 12 regular sized muffins.
On another note, I have lost 5 pounds on Weight Watchers which I started after returning from a conference a couple weeks ago where I ate 1/2 of Philadelphia.
I've been reading like mad to prepare for the Love is Murder conference in my area next weekend. I'm on four panels, some as a writer and some as a librarian. I like to have read something by others on my panels, but with this many I may not get them all done.
I also read James Owen's Search for the Red Dragon. This, like the first on in his fantasy series (he does all the fabulous art too), is amazing. I reviewed it for teenreads.com if you want more details.
FYI: I cleaned out about 40 cookbooks, and have another 40 to go! I don't know if it is possible.
I have an editing project due next week also that is over 200 pages. Winter is a great time to do these kinds of projects but I find being trapped in the house does not make me less of a procrastinator, just more creative of one.

No comments: