Saturday, June 21, 2008

Prunetastic

Hello:
Yes, there's more. Actually, there are about 10 more in the Nursery Food section of Square Meals, but I found another in the "Rosie the Riveter's Lunch Pail' section: Depth-Charged Prune Sandwich Filling. Now, I understand that during war times, folks had to get creative. But who sat around and thought peanut butter and prunes would work together?

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 pitted prunes, cut into small pieces (do people really need to be told to pit these?)
1 cup seedless raisins, chopped
Mix well, spread on 6 sandwiches

I finished Twenty Wishes last night by Debbie Macomber. Readers here my remember that I gave her up for a long while because she did one of my author pet peeves: she had a character who adopted a child then miraculously get pregnant (and then was 'radiantly happy'). This actually only happens in 8% of cases, and that result in fiction often diminishes the adoption.

Debbie always before was accurate about the pain of infertility and realistic. I am happy to say that she is back to her sensitive self with Twenty Wishes, championing adoption. Also it's interesting to think about Twenty Wishes for one's life. Right now I'm at a bit of a crossroads; getting back to work from family leave, finishing a term for YALSA, waiting to hear about a possible book sale, working on a few new projects. Some days I wish only for 15 minutes to myself, or more energy!

That said, the baby is now sleeping through the night.

No comments: