Friday, January 30, 2009

Cooking for Who?


This 2968 gem has fancy dishes and otherwise, designed for two people. I like the "Menus and recipes for every occasion" line on the cover. Um, what occasion would the food on the cover represent? My guess is "Too many days without going to the grocery store," which is a frequent occasion in my home.
I was worried when I saw "Slim-Jim Salad Molds", thinking beef jerky, but it's not. Still weird, but not that weird.
1 4-serving envelope lemon-flavored low-calorie gelatin
1 tablespoon vinegar (uhoh)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
Basically stir the gelatin and vinegar, chill. Fold in carrot and onion. Pour into 4 individual molds (of what?). Unmold on greens. Um, if there are 4, does this get served with two meals? Perhaps you get slim from eating this one.
I'm a bit numb from watching the news here about the governor in IL, both new and old. Beyond painful. I do worry about what comes next for the state.
No time to read anything today but my son's Kindergarten homework. Why does he keep bringing home the Biscuit books? "Woof, Woof!" Yes, as a librarian I should embrace his love of a series. But reading these Woofing books nightly inspires a longing for new choices.

No comments: