Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Bunny Breads


I love this picture. This is also from the Better Homes and Gardens 1959 Holiday Cookbook from yesterday. The recipe, however, calls for yeast and many many steps. I don't know many who could do it. I think it could be done with the breadstick in a tube dough, shaped like the bunnies.
There is, however, another great bread recipe in here: Pineapple Turnover Biscuits.
Combine 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, melted, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; divide in 10 muffin cups; center each with a California walnut half. Add 1 teaspoon pineapple syrup to each cup; top with a refrigerated biscuit (takes 1 package biscuits).
Bake at 425 12 - 15 minutes. Invert pan immediately on serving plate. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan.
After reading way too many teen mysteries all at once for my Crimespree column (yes, readers, I do this each time, I know), I need to read something lighter. I have a great manuscript to read from a friend, and some romance after that. I picked up the latest Maeve Binchy last night too. Remember when she was interviewed in People about how she was done writing? I love it. I actually think writing is like a form of OCD. Once you have the bug, it's hard to stop. I continue coming up with new ideas and proposals even though my plate is overflowing like a buffet visit.

No comments: