Monday, April 27, 2009

Indian Pizza


I believe I have discussed on here how ethnic cuisine in the era of my vintage cookbooks is pretty limited. Hawaiian food is anything with pineapples, for example.
I found an unusual recipe in this one (really I could go for another week on this weird and wonderful cookbook) for Indian Pizza:
1/2 cup fresh or frozen chopped green pepper
1/2 cup fresh or frozen chopped onion
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 12 inch frozen cheese pizzas
Curry Powder (No amount, and yes, this is the only element that I can figure out which makes this recipe 'Indian'.)
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded natural mozzarella cheese (as opposed to?)
Preheat oven. Cook green pepper and onion in oil till tender. Sprinkle each pizza generously with curry powder. Arrange green pepper, onion, cooked chicken and mozzarella over each pizza. Sprinkle curry powder over top. Bake according to package directions.
Wow - that's it. Sprinkle Curry and suddenly your dish is Indian.
If you use chili powder would this be Mexican pizza? Luckily today we have many more delicious international recipes and foods available.
What is your favorite ethnic food?

No comments: