Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Back for Thanksgiving









We're back from Disney. Here's the castle at the Magic Kingdom decorated for the holidays. Lovely! Our hotel overlooked the castle also. It is a bit hard to be home again, getting ready for 17 guests for Thursday, but we do love Thanksgiving with family too.




Speaking of food, one of my favorite meals at Disney was the breakfast at the Polynesian resort's Kona Cafe. Here's my Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes:


Yes, that is my son trying to get into the picture. I would spend all my time cropping if I wanted to rid each photo of that. Luckily, he is very cute and photogenic!


Another favorite meal was at the 50's Prime Time Diner at Hollywood Studios. Everything there is vintage, and the wait staff treat you like they are your parents. While there, I saw these on the wall:



Yep - the one in the middle is a SALMON MOLD mold! Ahhhh! The others are pretty interesting, too.

But now I'm making my list for Thanksgiving, and I always make my Yam/Apple casserole:

2 large cans yams, drained and sliced (or 6 cooked and sliced sweet potatoes)

6 medium cooking apples, McIntosh

1/2 cup melted butter

1/3 cup lt. brown sugar

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Set oven to 350 F. Layer potatoes and apples, and drizzle butter/sugar/spices in between. Cook covered for 30 - 35 minutes, until all is soft.

Are you all ready for Thanksgiving this week?

No comments: