Monday, November 23, 2009

Pineapple Cranberry Punch


Now I know this is a Christmas Cookbook, my McCall's pamphlet Book of Merry Eating from a 1981 printing, but it has a fun drink that I think would actually work well for Thanksgiving. Don't worry - it's not the one pictured. I know folks that would drink that thing as an individual portion - and likely have a Very Merry holiday.
What do you serve to drink for Thanksgiving? Wine - and I usually start that with a glass at least before the relatives arrive so I am all happy and relaxed...
How about this? Pineapple Cranberry Punch
1 pint bottled cranberry juice
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups canned unsweetened pineapple juice
Combine all ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until very well chilled - will take at least 2 hours. Makes 1 quart - or 6-8 servings.
I hope you have more than one bathroom if all 8 folks drink their portion at once!
I should be back to live blogging soon, relaxed and happy from my vacation. See - it's not just the wine that helps the holiday. It is likely crazy to fit in a plane trip to the Happiest Place on Earth (and yes, readers, I did just go there in June - what can I say?) with two little guys before serving Thanksgiving dinner, but it is a fun way to start the season! I did still find the wine glasses in their box...

No comments: