Monday, November 09, 2009

Corn-Stuffed Peppers






I am including some photos today from my first Vintage Holidays talk at the Ela Area Public Library yesterday. Their Friends group hosted me for a holiday tea, and I could not have asked for a lovelier setting or reception from that group, led by Terri Meyer, who also books programs for the library. If all my talks go that well, I will be in Heaven!




Here I am talking to a lovely audience member in front of my cookbook display after the talk. She had recently discovered some family recipes. I love stories like that, and several people there had great stories to share.




Also pictured here are the two servings I did - one was pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie fudge. (set on my Grandma Curtin's vintage Christmas tablecloth) The other was a : gingerbread man, sugarplum, Pizzelle, Kolacky, Pepperkakor.
Now on to today's Thanksgiving recipe. Also from the same menu I listed yesterday is Corn-Stuffed Peppers, and this actually sounds good!
Corn-Stuffed Peppers:
6 medium green peppers
1 1/4 tsp. salt (that's a lot!)
3 cups corn, cut from cob, or frozen corn, thawed
1 cup diced fresh tomato
1 1/2 tsp. instant minced onion
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Slice tops from green peppers; carefully remove seeds and membranes (??). Parboil in covered saucepan for 5 minutes in boiling water to cover and 1/2 tsp. salt; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; spoon into peppers. Place in baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until done. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments: