Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa's Nightcap


This photo and recipe is from the 1970 Ladies' Home Journal Handbook of Holiday Cuisine. There are lots of weird gems in this one, and it is one of the ones I found over the weekend with my husband on our quick date during the holiday rush of shopping. This doll picture freaked me out, though. She looks scared to be served those mincemeat pies - as I would be!
Or maybe she had some of this...
Santa's Nightcap
1 cup gin
1 cup light rum
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup maple blended syrup (I'm not kidding!)
Combine 1 cup gin, 1 cup light rum and 1/4 cup each lime juice and maple blended syrup. Stir well to mix; pour over crushed ice in cocktail glasses. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Wow. Don't light any candles around that drink!
This week I have a few special guests with nice Christmas memories and recipes. Also, on Christmas Day I'll be making Salmon Mousse for my family - in the fish mold. What could be more Merry?

No comments: