Sunday, January 31, 2010

Log Cabin of Treasure




I purchased this off of an antiques website recently. It's a recipe box, but the lid has a ledge to put your recipe on while cooking. And inside is a treasure trove of handwritten recipes and clippings from the 1960's. Here's one that I can't quite make out the title of:
'Mac (or Mas) Din'. This could be Ma's Cin. I just don't know. It looks good, but the directions are funny.
18 slices bread (cut off crusts)
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg yolk - blend in cheese
Smear cheese on bread and roll - dip in melted butter (quick) roll in cinnamon and sugar - Freeze. Bake 350 - 15 min.
That's exactly how it is.
I'm reading Marian Keyes new one and while it is a good story I'm finding it hard to concentrate these days between hosting a couple family birthday parties, getting ready for shows, and planning summer programs at work. Plus I've been trying to exercise every day and cook healthier. And I'm on my 12th baby hat. Today I'm off to Costco in search of mini red velvet cakes for the shows next week.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Wow, great find. Looking forward to hearing more of those recipes.