Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cherry Bough Cake


How is the weather near you? Yesterday here we had almost 13 inches, so my show last night was cancelled (rescheduled). Tonight, though, I'm doing the Cakes show at the Schaumburg Twp. Dist. Library - where I work, and I am really looking forward to it!
So with Cakes and Valentine's Day on my mind, here's a recipe from Southern Living Progressive Farmer's 1960's Holiday Cookbook.
Cherry Bough Cake (I just don't know where to get the cherry bough branches for decoration right now...)
1 15 oz. package angel food cake mix
1/4 c. chopped drained maraschino cherries
White Frosting
1 1/3 c. flaked coconut
Red food coloring
Prepare the angel food cake mix according to package directions and fold in the cherries. Place in a 10-inch tube pan. Bake according to package directions. Invert pan and cool. Remove cake from pan and spread with white frosting. Tint coconut a pale pink with food coloring and sprinkle over side of cake. Garnish with stemmed whole maraschino cherries.
Cute.

No comments: