Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Puddings Plus


Here's the caption with this photo:
Puddings Plus...
a pinch of spice, a cup of fruit, a few chopped nuts...cooked or baked, molded or layered, there are countless numbers of ways to make dessert time different every time. Although we eat desserts for enjoyment and good taste, it's important to remember, those made with milk, eggs, or fruit supply us with valuable nutrients.
Um, ok. That bottom right dish has 'Candy Store Pudding,' but I can't identify that candy.
That's marbled pudding mold intrigued me as well:
Prepare 1 package Jell-O Chocolate or Chocolate Fudge Pudding and 1 package Jell-O Butterscotch, Banana Cream, or Coconut Cream or Vanilla Pudding as directed on package. In each case reduce liquid to 1 3/4 cups milk. Lightly butter a 1-quart rind mold or individual molds. Place large spoonfuls of each hot pudding in mold, alternating mixtures. Cut through puddings once to give marbled effect. Chill until firm. Unmold to serve, serves 6-8.
Very odd. Maybe dye one of these a bright green and serve for St. Pat's or Halloween.
Thanks to those of you who wrote me. I had a fun day of MRIs and tests yesterday to affirm that yes, I did injure my back again. I start physical therapy later this week, which will be good.
I'm doing a bit better today, which is good as I have a program at the Bloomingdale Public Library tonight!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your back. My hubby's had 2 surgeries and it's never fun. Hope you can get comfortable. I know it's hard.

What would mothers have done without Jello and pudding? It's amazing the number of things they thought of to do with them.

As girls my sister and I would volunteer to make pudding for dessert, and then we'd secretly get out the food coloring and make it some horrendous color. My father will never forgive us for our attempt at purple pudding.

Michele said...

I'm so sorry about your back injury, hope you're feeling better soon!

Barbara said...

Wow, sorry to hear about your back! I hope they can make you comfortable!

I love pudding. My mom used to make it all the time, but nothing fancy, just what the box made. I think adding food coloring to vanilla would make an odd color, but I'd love to see that!

Get better soon!
___
Barbara
http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com

Anne Marsan said...

Mmmm...pudding! Joan and I once discussed plans for a pudding restaurant. The purple pudding comment cracked me up!