Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Miracle Orange Frosting




Here is the drawing to go with Miracle Orange Frosting, from the Domino Sugar Kitchen cookbook. Do you really think that orange would be smiling in a juicer?

1 lb. Domino Confectioners Sugar
1/4 lb. butter or margarine
1/8 tsp. salt
4 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange rind.

Combine sugar, butter or margarine, salt and orange juice in top of double boiler.  Place over simmering water; blend ingredients until smooth.  Remove from heat.  Add rind.  Cool, stirring frequently until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. 

I am not a big fan of orange cake, but it makes me think of Jan Karon's Mitford series, where someone in town made an orange cake none of them could resist. I definitely have foods like that in my life - Moose Munch, S'mores...almost anything with chocolate and coconut or chocolate and peanut butter. Perhaps this is why I'm packing the knit stretchy suit for my presentation at the Public Library Association...

No comments: