Thursday, March 04, 2010

Pizza Casserole

I think yesterday's recipe made me think of this one, a family favorite from our church cookbook. I was also thinking about casseroles as I am judging a casserole contest this afternoon for a local Senior Center, and I'm very excited about that!

But Pizza Casserole is from 'Our Daily Bread II,' a collection of recipes from 1987 - 1988, Visitation Church Council of Catholic Women.

1 lb. ground beef
2 - 8 oz. cans pizza sauce
1 - 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp. dried oregano, crushed
1 tsp. garlic salt
2 c. rotini, cooked and drained
2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese

In skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off excess fat. Stir in pizza sauce, undrained mushrooms, oregano, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Combine rotini and milk. In a 2 quart casserole, layer half each of the meat sauce, rotini mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, covered, in 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes. Garnish with pepperoni slices, cherry tomatoes and/or parsley, if desired. Serves 6.

I read Linda Howard's Ice in about an hour yesterday. It is a very fast paced romantic suspense with a brave heroine. I did need a break from all the teen mysteries... I'm also enjoying Jayne Ann Krentz's new one, too.

No comments: