Saturday, August 07, 2010

Oh Dear - Apple Prune Cake

My son just told me I need to "Make it Rain Food" on my computer. I wish. We've been watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs way too much lately, apparently. It's clear my influence on the boys is working when they love food movies, but perhaps we need a new hobby, too. My tight summer clothes agree.

In the meantime, I flipped the page from yesterday's church cookbook and sat - Apple Prune Cake! Egads! But- at the risk of Molly making fun of me for a month, it doesn't look all that terrible. What do you think? Anyone want to try this one?

2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 c. shredded, peeled apples
3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 pkg (12 oz.) dried pitted prunes, chopped
1 c. chopped nuts (no kind specified)
Confectioners' sugar
In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil and eggs for two minutes at medium speed; blend in apples. Combine dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture.  Stir in prunes and nuts.  Spoon into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could see this being very good. I could also be biased because I like prunes