Sunday, October 24, 2010

Scariest Vintage Recipes Countdown: Halloween Doughberry Faces

In celebration of Halloween I could certainly cover the many many unusual pumpkin or fall recipes I have in my collection. For example, the Two -toned Pumpkin Pie whose instructions are "Get a Can Each of Mincemeat and Pumpkin." Seriously.

But no - instead, I'm going to pull the scariest recipes every reported here in this blog and count down for the next week. Which one is the scariest for you? 
Here's #8 in my list, originally posted Sunday, October 25, 2009:  Halloween Doughberry Faces:

This photo is from the Complete Holiday Cookbook, late 60's.  While I like the chocolate doughnut witch hats made with the ice cream cones here, the Funny Face things are very odd. They look cute, right? Wait until you see what is in them!


Doughberry Funny Faces, or as my husband puts it - the Ive Run Out of Ideas for Cranberry Sauce Recipe

Doughnuts, cut in half (That should be a crime.)

Cranberry sauce, chilled and sliced thin

Packaged Cheese Slices

Place doughnut half, cut-side up on plate. Top with cranberry sauce slice. Cut eyes, nose and mouth from cheese slices. Make hats, whiskers and hair from construction paper or strips of aluminum foil.

I'm wordless on that recipe. Food Perversion.

Can you stand more? #7 of what I think has been the scariest recipes posted here goes up tomorrow...

No comments: