Thursday, November 11, 2010

Clipping from the Recipe Box: Holiday Confetti Bread

This clipping was among the recipes in the box I'm blogging from currently. On the back was an article about Michael Nesmith from the Monkees, so this has to be from the 60's... I love the comment about licorice gumdrops on the ingredient list, but otherwise this sounds kind of interesting.

3 cups biscuit mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1 egg
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup assorted gumdrops (except licorice; flavor is too dominant)
cut in small pieces

Combine first five ingredients and beat vigorously for 30 seconds.  Stir in walnuts and gumdrops.  Spoon into well-greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan that has been lined with greased wax paper or aluminum foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool before slicing.

I really enjoyed my program at the Skokie PL Tuesday night - that crowd is always so much fun. They had wonderful food traditions to share - and they laugh at all my jokes. What more could I want?

It's odd to me that my son has school on Veterans' Day, but they are having a special concert and have been discussing military service for a couple weeks. He has been asking questions about both Grandpas and their service. God Bless all military today, past and present.

1 comment:

gertie @ The Old Block House said...

What a wonderful idea for a blog! I can't wait to come back and see what else you have in store.

My son also has school today, although they do have tomorrow off. Yesterday the school had a wonderful program for the children and veterans to share.

The middle school had a Halloween Carnival fundraise and enough money was raised to sponsor Honor Flights for three vets! It's wonderful for the kids to be encouraged to honor and give back to the vets!

gertie
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CherishedHearts