Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for This Blog!

Happy Thanksgiving!
As we prepare to serve 27 in my home today, I'm taking a moment to post a recipe from a lovely woman who attended my Preserving Holiday Memories show last Saturday at the Ela Area PL. It was a handwritten favorite from her family and friends, and one of her all time favorite recipes. She gave me one of the typed cards. I thought it was fitting to include it for today for two reasons. 1. More people consume Jello than wine on Thanksgiving and 2. I am so thankful for this blog and the new opportunities it has brought me this year. At the end of the year, I will have done 50 shows. I've so enjoyed doing those programs, and meeting wonderful people at every single show. Thank you all for reading, commenting, and attending programs. You are helping me and my family move into a new and exciting stage in our lives I would never have imagined. Enjoy this recipe!

Cranberry-Jello Mold
2 small pkgs. or 1 large red Jello
2 c. hot water
1 can cranberries (jelly or whole)
1 carton sour cream
Dissolve jello and let partially thicken in refrigerator.  Beat with electric beater.  Add cranberries and sour cream.  Pour into oiled mold to set.

Sounds delicious! Enjoy your meal and your time with family today, readers!

1 comment:

Recipes of Gulzar said...

Hi

Great information in this post and I think it was a handwritten favorite from her family and friends, and one of her all time favorite recipes. She gave me one of the typed cards.