Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Handwritten Recipe Wednesday: Toffee Bars

This is from one of the recipe boxes I've collected from various flea markets and other sources. This sounds delicious! I'm sure Marjorie Townley was a great baker. 
Toffee Bars
1 C. oleo
1 c. brown sugar
2 C. sifted flour
1 C. english walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1 6 oz. pkg. choco bits
Cream oleo, sugar, and vanilla, add flour, mix well. Stir in chocolate bits and nuts.  Press into ungreased pan  15 1/2 x 10 1/2, or two small pans.  Bake 350 degrees, 25 minutes or until brown.  Cut into bars.  Cool before removing from pan.  Makes 60 finger sized bars.

2 comments:

Linda Glaz said...

How come you don't ever tempt us with "healthy" food? I'm going to be big as a barn and it's all your fault. SMILE. Yummy recipes!

Amy said...

This is really funny. I think I have a 'Diet' Vintage Cookbook around here - but it has like a 3 inch steak on the cover. I will have to dig around this weekend. Those recipes are hilarious. Great topic idea, Linda!