Are you going to a BBQ tomorrow? You'd never want to bring this recipe from my McCall's series, the Picnic and Patio volume (1981):
Pineapple-Glazed Luncheon Meat
1 can (6 oz.) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, undiluted
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 tsp. salt (oh boy)
3 cans (12 oz.) pork luncheon meat (Uh oh)
1. Adjust grill 4 inches from prepared coals.
2. In small bowl, combine pineapple juice, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and salt.
3. With sharp knife, score luncheon meat-make cuts, on diagonal about 1/8 inch deep and 1 inch apart; repeat to make square.
4. Grill meat, basting with sauce, 8 minutes on one side.
5. Turn; grill, basting with sauce, 8 minutes on other side, or until golden-brown.
I have been reading madly to get some reviews done and for my panel at the upcoming Printer's Row. Every genre, short and long books, all running together. It seems I rarely get to ones I want to read or bring home to read, but luckily many of these are good.
What will you have on your grill?