Sunday, February 06, 2011

Tidewater Tea

I'm putting up a quick post before I head to the conference again. It's been fun, filled with mystery author friends like Molly MacRae, Sarah Wisseman, Kathleen Ernst and Keir Graff.  This morning I'm going to talk on a panel with some lovely librarians about how authors and work with libraries. I'm actually putting on a vintage dress to help discuss programming. I enjoy going to conferences like this but find it exhausting!

Perhaps I need some Tidewater Tea. This is also from the George Washington's Birthday recipes that I wrote about last week.

1 qt. strong tea (any flavor?)
1 c. Bing cherry juice
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 orange
4 whole cloves
1 stick cinnamon
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat.  Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.  Strain and serve. 4 servings.

Yes, I always love to eat "strain and serve" recipes.
Perhaps you can serve this up for your Super Bowl parties.

No comments: